DIVING BOARD RULES
DISCIPLINARY ACTION1st offense: Warning will be given.
2nd offense: Member will sit out of the pool for twenty minutes. Manager on duty will be informed of circumstances. If necessary, guard & manager will talk to the individual and discuss unsafe or inappropriate behavior.
3rd offense: Manager will ask the individual to immediately leave the premises for the remainder of the day.
WEATHER POLICYIf the temperature falls below 65 degrees Fahrenheit, the pool will close until it is warmer. The pool will be cleared if lightning is estimated at less than four miles away. The pool must remain cleared for 30 minutes from the last thunder at four miles distance. This policy is to be strictly enforced, and is based upon the American Red Cross standard.
GUESTSThe following policies are an effort to welcome guests and yet not exceed our legal guard-to-member ratios, nor to negatively impact the other members using the pool.
- Guests will be charged $5.00 per person for a guest pass. One pass must be used for each guest entering the pool, regardless of whether or not the guest is swimming.
- The $5.00 guest fee is good for the day, but if a guest leaves, they must get a wristband to be able to re-enter without another pass.
- Guests must sign in at the concession stand upon arrival.
- Members may bring up to 6 guests per day.
- If a member would like to bring more than 6 guests in one day, we ask that they call ahead and speak to the head guard on duty (970-493-4102). Permission to bring more than 6 guests will be given, so long as the attendance of members at the pool that day is reasonably low.
- Bringing more than 10 guests to the pool requires a pre-paid pavilion party.
- Members receive 10 free guest passes at the beginning of each season.
- Paying your membership fee by January 31st will give you an extra 5 passes. Joining us on our Clean Up Day (held annually, usually at the end of April) will give you an extra 10 guest passes.