*EDITED TO ADD: Due to weather, plans have changed. There will be NO Clean-Up on the 29th. The below post has been updated to reflect the current plans.
So you're volunteering at the Spring Clean-Up Day? Thanks for signing up! (If you haven't yet, the most current sign up list is here.)
Clean-Up Day is a tradition at the pool; a day where members gather and work together to make a difference. We are the South College Community Pool; we encourage our members to take ownership. Together, we beautify the grounds, make a repairs, and get the pool ready for opening day. Here are a few things that might be helpful for you to know beforehand.
- There are two dates you may volunteer: Saturday May 6th or Saturday May 13th from 8-11am
- When you arrive, please find Kristie Parker, or one of the other board members, who will make sure you are checked in. This is important so we can add guest passes to your account - one of the benefits of pitching in that day.
- We will be adding free guest passes to all who volunteer for a 3 hour shift (limit 20 passes per family).
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. This is a great opportunity to have children work and help, and a great way to get them excited about the swim season, starting soon. FYI: the pool cover is off. If you are bringing young children and are concerned about the pool, we have jobs in the front where you may feel most safe.
- Wear work clothes. We are hoping some of our volunteers can help with a painting project, so come with clothes that can get messy. Others will be raking leaves and debris, sweeping, hosing, cleaning the fridges & concessions room, trimming plants, beautifying the gardens, hanging wasp traps, moving tables & chairs, prepping the grills, installing lifeguard chairs, etc.
- Bring your own water containers. We will have coolers available to refill bottles, but want to cut down on waste.
- Board members will be bringing some baked goodies and other things to munch on - another little way to say thanks. :)
- We encourage you to bring tools that might be helpful: GLOVES, rakes, leaf blowers, brooms, tree clippers. If anyone has flowers they want to donate (now or later in the season) we would be happy to have some color in the garden beds.
- We are accepting contributions that will help us check projects off our list. Check our list and see if you can help.
- BATHROOMS will available. They may still be putting finishing touches on them, but we're happy to say that they will be functional for our use.
- We encourage you to have fun while you volunteer! Clean-Up Day is about sprucing up our grounds, but also about building community and working alongside each other. :)